Today is the day! #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving is here. This is our final fundraiser push as we approach the end of the year, and what an incredibly busy year it has been. Despite the pandemic, we have remained open and found ourselves caring for more patients than we could have anticipated. Nearly 3,000 patients have arrived so far, an increase of 25% over last year. Your contributions make it possible for us to care for all the orphaned, sick, and injured wildlife that come into our hospital. For those of you that have already made your #GivingTuesday contribution, we thank you!
Your donations help patients like this Northern Pygmy owl. He was injured when he flew into a window. After a bit of time in our care, he was released this week.
Our goal this year for #GivingTuesday is $30,000. All contributions no matter the size, will help us achieve this goal. Next year, we will celebrate our 40th Anniversary. We know that no matter what 2021 brings, your support of our efforts will help make it possible for us to continue to rescue, rehabilitate, and release wildlife in need. This year our center cared for over 300 squirrels, 25 coyotes (including these two below), hundreds of birds and raptors, dozens of raccoons, 10 fawns, and so many more... over 125 different species and counting!
We know this year has been a huge challenge for many businesses and non-profits. Thank you for giving local to support community resources like ours. We wish you all the best this holiday season and for the coming new year.
MORE WAYS TO HELP
- Check out our website for lots of great gift items, cards, calendars, and our annual Patient of the Year ornament. All proceeds from the sale of these items directly benefit our organization.
- Enroll in our monthly donor program. Can you commit to a monthly contribution to help the thousands of patients we care for annually?
- Share our email newsletters with your neighbors and friends.
- Follow us on social media and share our posts. Spread the word that we are here to help assist with wildlife emergencies. Sometimes people are not even aware we exist until they find an animal in need.
- Donate to us by signing up on Amazon Smile and selecting us as your charity. Amazon pays us when you shop. There is no cost to you, Amazon donates to us based on your purchases.